We are fully committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We use your personal data for multiple reasons, from understanding how users engage with our website, to informing our marketing and advertising. This allows us to publish the content you are viewing on this site.
The reasons why we collect your data are:
- To show you products or information that is relevant to you, and to improve your user experience
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as newsletters etc
- To carry our marketing analysis and send you communications when we have your permission or when permitted by law
How we protect your privacy, and what this policy covers:
- Information about your rights and our obligations
- Cleary show how we collect and use your personal data
- Commitments on how we protect your personal data
- Commitments on how we facilitate your rights, as well as responding to your questions
Personal data is information about you in which you can be identified. This can include information such as the following:
- Your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number.
- Credit or Debit Card details.
- Information about your device such as IP address.
- Information relating to your personal circumstances and how you engage with our site
Who we are and how you can contact us
We have designated a Data Protection Officer. They are responsible for promoting awareness of the GDPR across the organisation, assessing our GDPR readiness, identifying any gap areas and implementing the new policies, procedures and measures.
Our Data Protection Officer is:
Samurai Digital Security Ltd
Unit 3, Hazel Court, Midland Way,
This means they are responsible for deciding how, why we hold, and use your personal data.
If you have any questions about our GDPR practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer. You can write to:
DPO, Woodside Family Funeral Directors,
46 Broomlands Street,
or email email@example.com if you have any further questions.
What personal data we collect and how we intend to use it
We collect data when you sign up for our services and when you browse our site. This information is used to provide our services, advertising and analyse how visitors engage with our website.
When you submit a form using our site, we may collect the following personal data:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your address
- Other relevant personal information
- Your IP address – a numerical code to identify your device and which can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based
- Your browsing history of the content you have visited on our site, including information on how you were referred to our site via a third party website
- Details of your device, such as unique device ID, unique advertising ID and browsers used to access our content
We will not collect special categories of data – such as information about your race, political opinions, religion, health or sexual orientation – unless you have chosen to provide information to us.
How we collect personal data
We collect your personal data when:
- You register an account on this website
- Purchase any of our products or services
- Enter our competitions/surveys
- Sign up to our Newsletters
- Access for our sites, through cookies and other similar technology; and
- When you contact us via email, social media, or similar technologies or when you mention us on social media
Why we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our site for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To provide the services which you signed up for, such as newsletters.
- We use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes – such as our accounting and records – and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To send marketing communications when we have your permission / or permitted by law.
- To carry out marketing analysis, for example we look at what you have engaged with on our site, and what products or services you have enquired about on our site.
- To improve our marketing communications, we use similar technology to cookies to confirm whether you have opened a marketing email or clicked on a link in the email.
- For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of our site and to understand how visitors use them.
- To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints.
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Consent: Where you provided explicit consent to receive marketing emails from us. Keep in mind, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers/clients, promote our services and operation of our website.
- Compliance with law: In some special cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
- Performance of a contract with you: For example, where you have purchased a product from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and deliver your purchase.
Using children’s personal data
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13. Some of our services may have higher age restriction and this will be shown at the point of registration.
How long we keep your personal data
How we may contact you
We may send you customer service emails, for example thanking you for using our services or thank you for placing an enquiry.
If, and only if we have your consent, we may send you materials we think are of interest to you, such as newsletters and updates. Depending on your preferences this may be via email, phone, SMS, or post. Again, you can opt-out at any time.
Cookies and similar technology
When you visit our site, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
We use personalised online advertising on 3rd party websites. This allows us to deliver more relevant advertising to people who have visited our website. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have engaged with our site. It then shows you adverts which we believe may interest you.
We also use personalised online advertising to promote our own products and services. This means that you may see advertising for our products and services on our sites and when you are on other, third party websites, including social media platforms.
Personal Data Handling
Our customer care commitment
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
We always aim to provide the highest possible standards of service. We do however appreciate that from time to time things can go wrong. If we do not meet your expectations or you are dissatisfied with the service we have provided then we want to hear from you.
How to make a complaint
We aim to ensure that:
- Making a complaint is as easy as possible
- We deal with your complaint promptly and in confidence
- You receive a fair outcome
- We learn from complaints and use the feedback to improve our service
You can make a complaint by the following methods:
- In writing: DPO Complaint, Woodside Family Funeral Directors, 46 Broomlands Street, Paisley, PA1 2NP
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 0141 264 2175
Lines are open 09.00-18.00 Monday to Friday and 09.00-13.00 on Saturday
- Acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of receipt
- Investigate your complaint and aim to provide a final response within one month but no later than three months from the date of receipt.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint within one month we will provide you with a written update on why we need the extra time.
What to do if you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint in relation to the way we have handled your personal data
We want to resolve your complaint relating to Personal Data handling and provide you with a fair outcome. If we can’t reach an agreement you can refer your complaint to the ICO by either calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113 or by visiting https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Our ICO Registration number is ZA565305.
Our ICO registry record is found at https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA565305
GDPR Statement Updated: 29th January 2021